To be able to feed the children and youths living in the streets of the slums, garbage sites and those from underprivileged households.
The Bangu Feeding Programme was established in May 2007 to cater for the starving children of the slums who have nothing to eat but the waste gathered from garbage dumping sites in Kariobangi-Korogocho, the known damping Dandora site. This was done because of the health risk involved: After we witnessed the death of a child that mistakenly took poisoned food meant for the wild dogs around the estate, we decided to take action so the situation would never repeat itself. So we started feeding five children which increased to 30 children by October 2007 and have continued to increase up to now.
We have been able to refer them to school and even take some children back to their homes birth, orphanages and foster parents. Besides this we are still able to feed them and attract more children and youths who develop interest in our initiatives.
You can help
- You are welcomed to make financial donations;
- Donate; Clothes, shoes and other materials;
- Sponsor medical & health care;
- Sponsor tours and travel to recreational sites;
- Donate foods; cereals i.e. rice, beans, maize, cooking oil, parked lunch and any other foods;
- Stationery like books, charts, maps et cetra.
For more information please do not hesitate to contact us for supporting information.