Ambassador of Agenda Africa
Agenda Africa is always looking for international ambassadors, which we deem to be of the highest importance for our organisation. An ambassador is a foreign resident that raised awareness for Agenda Africa’s causes, and forges relations with possible international organisations or individual donors. We can therefore always use ambassadors and ask you to not hesitate to contact us if you are interested in helping Agenda Africa and the marginalised people of Kenya. We aim to have a broad international network, but it is also possible to have more than one ambassador your particular countries. Please see the ‘Staff’ section on our website for current ambassadors.
An ambassador of Agenda Africa wil raise awareness on activities, participates in their implementation, and mobilizes resources for the organization and its projects.
Mode of operations
- The ambassador is a person of integrity committed to helping the poor in the slums and rural villages (in the case of Kenya, especially children, youths, and women);
- Agenda Africa monitors the conduct of her ambassadors and will provide feedback on performance. Similarly, Agenda Africa welcomes any form of feedback on its own conducts as well;
- The ambassador is familiar with the organization and what it stands for. In consultation with the programme coordinator, the duration of employment and the exact nature of the ambassador’s task will be decided;
- The ambassador prepares an action pan to be discussed with the management of the organization. The agreed action plan will be used for monitoring and evaluation on agreement;
- For accountability reasons, the ambassador will forward all received funds to the organization, which will in turn account to the sponsor or donor;
- The funds will be spent according to the prepared action plan;
- The ambassador is able to, where possible, and in consultations with the management, arrange for sponsor visits to project sites.
Contact Agenda Africa for more details.